Friday, April 29, 2011

I think I was 17



I think I am 17 in this picture. I might be older. I am not at all sure. I could be 18. Not that it matters all that much but I think this is the earliest picture of me with a guitar. It is a 1965 Goya N-21 made from Mahogany. I still have an N-21. It is not the same one. The first one was splintered into pieces in an automobile accident. I love the size and the sound. Currently it has Silk and Steel strings on it. I don't know. I liked them initially but they don't shimmer. Capiche?  The young lady to my right was my girlfriend at that time. She was number one on my mother's list of who I should marry and procreate with. I understand her reasoning. Pretty. Jewish and pretty. Jewish and pretty and well off. Jewish and pretty with blond hair and well off and a good sense of humor and her family belonged to the same synagogue. I get the point in retrospect. But Mom, if you are out there somewhere at the eternal and heavenly Hadassah meeting in the sky. You should meet Beth. You'd kvell. *


* KVELL: To beam with pride and pleasure, Jewish parents are prone to kvell over their children's achievements.

No comments:

Post a Comment