Friday, June 8, 2012

Breaking Contact
copyright Lady Linda Gaye Music (me - Ted)

I’m breaking contact
I’m breaking contact with you
I’m breaking contact
This transmission is through

I’m hunkered down in my basement bunker
Like some frightened spelunker
While the rebels appear to have seized control
They’ve got the television station
They’ve got the FM and the AM
They’ve got all the social media too

Chorus

It happened rather quickly
I didn’t notice because I was busy
Attending to the repair of my credit rating
Now the governmental structure
Seems to have severely ruptured
And there’s some new flag on the flagpole waving

Chorus

No one asked for my permission
For this political transition
For this hairpin turn to the severe right
And I’m correct in guessing
That they think they have God’s blessing
This can really help when you’re gearing up for the fight

Chorus


Our representative Democracy
Appears to have turned into a theocracy
With some elected official assuming the mantle of a Pope
And they’ve got this fifty question test
To determine if you lean to left
And if you do you might as well abandon all your hope

Chorus


I’ve a cousin in Jerusalem
I think I’ll get out and live with him
Certainly these patriots won’t be sad to see me go
I’ll be packed in short order
To make a run for the border
What I’ll do then I am sure that I don’t know


Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment