Wednesday, June 11, 2014



Guitar Collectors



So...how have you been? Fine I hope. Me...well..still here and with many important functions still functioning. The guitar thing is delightfully out of hand. Really. I now have over fifty. Before you end up making one of those statement I've heard before which all seem to boil down to "You have too many guitars and they should be played...." and on and on along those lines. In many cases the guitars are have are a way of preserving companies that are no longer with us because why would someone buy one of them (such as an old second tier Egmond from Holland) instead of buying a spiffy new one made by any number of companies that seem to produce nice stuff for a block and a half over a hundred bucks? So most people wouldn't go out their way to buy a forty year old Framus instead of a nice new Yamaha or Ibanez or one of those other perfectly dandy mass produced numbers? Really. So until I kick off and head for that Hootenanny in the sky I am making sure that until that journey is under way these guitars are safe and humidified and played as often as I can. It isn't easy to play fifty guitars so I try to pick up two a day or so. Now I do not use them all for performing and it is not that I performa lot. I have my favorites for gigs. But not of these were, as I have previously implied, bought for the stage. I have decided to write about each one until they are written about. It is going to take time and I am sure I will not be consistent in my effort. I also will try to create little videos for each of them. I used to have a guitar reselling biz to raise extra cash and I made a lot of videos for that and if you want to look at them you can copy and paste the below address to your browser.

https://www.youtube.com/user/obtusemuse/videos?shelf_id=4&view=0&sort=dd



I just counted and there are 59 guitars I sold. Fifty Nine!!!!  Some of them I would never sell again. EVER!! But that is not worth wasting too much time about. I promise that I will kvetch now and then in subsequent blogs. You can look forward to that. Okay I'm at work and need to get back to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment